Aims and Scope
The Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism may be the world’s leading peer-reviewed journal for endocrine clinical research and medical practice information. Each problem provides coverage that is up-to-date of developments that enhance our knowledge of pathophysiology, diagnosis and remedy for endocrine and metabolic disorders. Regular attributes of special interest include initial reports of crucial improvements in patient-oriented hormonal and research that is metabolic individual perspectives on endocrinologic subjects, medical studies, medical reviews, clinical training tips, and situation reports.
- Clinical Research Article
- Case Report
- Letter to your Editor
- Page to your Editor Reaction
- Reports and tips
- Clinical Practice Guideline
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analysis
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Review
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communication
- Policy Attitude
- Analysis Guide
- Scientific Statement
- Consensus Statement
The next types of articles, including preprints from recognized repositories, is likely to be considered for publication:
- Clinical Research Articles are initial, investigative, medical studies centered on formerly unpublished data. There are not any upper or reduced word/figure/table limits. All numbers and tables must certanly be initial.
- Situation Reports (not any longer available for distribution after 1, 2019) are descriptions of a case that provides insights into a condition’s pathogenesis, presentation, or management september. Manuscripts will routinely have 1,200 terms or less, without any significantly more than two numbers, two tables, and ten recommendations. All figures and tables needs to be initial.
- Mini-reviews should deal with subjects worth addressing to medical endocrinologists and endocrine medical investigators, including scholarly updates about the molecular and biochemical basis for normal physiology and condition states; the advanced in diagnosis and handling of endocrine and metabolic problems; as well as other subjects highly relevant to the training of medical endocrinology. Unless the mini-review is formally invited by the editors or Endocrine Society staff, writers will include a prospectus with a quick narrative for the mini-review’s function and range, a plan explaining its articles, plus the CVs of most writers included. These manuscripts can vary from 2,000 terms to no more than 5,000 terms. Writers will include a quick area explaining the search techniques utilized to have information for the mini-review. In the event that writers go for formerly posted figures or tables, they need to stick to the tips beneath the Publication Fees part.
- Meta-analyses should give attention to certain efficacies of diagnostic procedures or remedies. The presented manuscript must be based on an in-depth analytical analysis of data found by the exhaustive search of currently posted and appropriate peer-reviewed manuscripts. Submissions with this type must add a plan and a narrative statement. There are not any restrictions on word count, quantity of numbers, or amount of recommendations. All numbers and tables should be initial.
Advice and Comment
- Editorials are viewpoint articles because of the journal’s Editor-in-Chief or a co-employee Editor and certainly will typically address a policy that is timely of quite high value to endocrinologists. Editorials carry no numbers or tables and now have a maximum of eight recommendations.
- Commentaries are viewpoint articles invited by the Editor-in-Chief which will examine principles and findings recently introduced in to the systematic record that have actually exemplary interest. They truly are typically as much as 1,000 terms in total, needs to have a maximum of eight recommendations, and possess no numbers or tables. Commentaries must not cite unpublished work or information.
- Views provide a new standpoint on policies and generally speaking accepted maxims and methods in endocrinology that warrant closer assessment centered on extremely current newly posted information. They need to cite literature that is relevant are generally no more than 2,400 terms and have now no more than 25 sources. Views must not cite work that is unpublished information, and any numbers should provide just general generalizations, perhaps perhaps not brand new information. Numbers must certanly be initial. Views are submitted by invite through the Editor-in-Chief.
- Letters into the Editor should talk about just articles posted in this log, and become submitted within couple of plagiarism checker years associated with the article’s publication that is final. Letters must be a maximum of 500 terms in total, haven’t any more than eight recommendations, and should never cite work that is unpublished information. Letters is supposed to be posted at the discernment associated with Editor-in-Chief. Writers of accepted letters see web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. Regular book charges apply. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with format should be followed by the letter of “Letter to your Editor: Title of original essay being Discussed”. Should your title perhaps perhaps perhaps not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Letters towards the Editor reactions respond to a Letter to Editor at no greater size compared to letter that is original. Writers whose work is talked about in A page towards the Editor will be invited to typically offer an answer. If accepted, writers will discover web web web page proofs before book. Just changes to fix inadvertent/introduced sentence structure and/or spelling inaccuracies are allowed. No numbers or tables are permitted. The name associated with page should proceed with the format of “Response to Letter into the Editor: Title of initial article being Discussed”. When your name perhaps perhaps maybe not follow this structure, it will be standardised by the publisher.
- Reports and suggestions provide a directory of the procedures and conclusions of non-Endocrine community work groups, task forces, along with other collaboratives. They shall be susceptible to peer review and must certanly be modifiable as a result to criticisms. These are generally typically only 3,600 terms in total. All numbers and tables needs to be initial.
Endocrine Community Statements
- Clinical Practice instructions are produced by an Endocrine Society appointed task force, are proof based, and provide graded practice that is clinical. They are developed with input from community committees and people.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Meta-analyses are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society to present analytical analyses to help its Clinical Practice tips.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Systematic Reviews are commissioned because of the Endocrine Society because of its Clinical Practice recommendations. These reviews address a definite question that is clinical gathering and summarizing empirical proof that fits pre-specified eligibility criteria.
- Clinical Practice Guideline Communications are derivatives regarding the community’s Clinical Practice instructions that health health supplement or touch upon developments within the illness area considering that the time of book of the Guideline.
- Policy views derive from founded community policy jobs and manufactured by the Advocacy & Public Outreach Core Committee with input through the account.
- Research Guides are produced by an specialist group that is writing input from community committees and account.
- Scientific Statements are developed with a writing team beneath the way of an Endocrine Society appointed seat with the aim of synthesizing research and pinpointing gaps within the clinical literary works. They are developed with input from community committees and users.
- Consensus Statements give a thorough assessment by a professional panel of the medical or medical problem that might add ungraded suggestions. Submitted by Endocrine Society work teams, other society that is professional teams, task forces, as well as other consortia which include the Endocrine Society.
Utilization of Peer Review: All submissions are susceptible to peer that is external as instructed by the log editors, other than (1) Endocrine Society Statements, that are evaluated because of the Endocrine Society and selected outside experts, and (2) conference abstracts, which, whenever posted as a health health health supplement to Journal associated with the Endocrine Society, have already been evaluated because of the Endocrine Society’s Annual Meeting Steering Committee.
Concerns? Please direct any concerns to email@example.com.
Publication Costs and Open Access
To learn more about the advantages of account within the Endocrine Society, please look at the Member pros page associated with Endocrine Society’s web site.
Web Web Web Page Costs
- Endocrine Society users: $99 per PDF web web web page
- Non-members: $119 per PDF page
- Endocrine Society people: $235 per color figure
- Non-members: $735 per color figure
Optional Upgrade to start Access
Writers have the choice of creating their article start Access if you are paying yet another $3,000 for Open Access book, including A cc-by license, PubMed Central full-text deposit, and free access in the log web site.
Discount for Transfers from bioRxiv
If you distribute your manuscript to your Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism using bioRxiv’s Direct Transfer choice (B2J) through Editorial Manager which is accepted for book, you can easily claim a single-use code entitling one to a $250 discount in your manuscript’s book charges, with the exception of the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s posted in 2019, or even a 10% discount on the manuscript’s book charges, like the CC-BY Open Access choice, if it’s posted in 2020. To claim a price reduction, compose Antoinette P. Wrighton at firstname.lastname@example.org.